Sunday, August 16, 2009

This is it. Tomorrow is BBB day - Bye Bye Boobs day. I am relieved to be rid of the cancer in me but also scared at the same time. I am not afraid of the operation, it is the after effects that have me worried. Don't any of you let me be a different person after this. Please remind me that I am more than just the physical.

You know I don't think I would have been one of those brave martyrs who would willing walk to their death with their heads held high and be very dignified. No, I would be kicking and screaming all the way. That's how I feel about the operation. Granted it is not my death, but I feel like screaming all the way to the operating room, holding on to the "girls" for dear life. When you pray for me, pray for me to have courage.

See you all on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment