Thursday, August 6, 2009

Well it has now been more than 3 weeks since my last chemo treatment. This is the longest I have been without poison in my system for almost 5 months. Thank goodness is all I can say. I still feel tired though, I guess it may take a while longer to get it all out.

I am counting down the days now until the surgery. And not in a good way. I know I just need to get over it, accept the facts and move on, but I just don’t seem to be able to right now. The whole thing has me pretty upset. Theoretically, I know it is just fat and tissue. Hey, it will be the easiest 10 pounds I have ever lost, right.

I know as the day gets closer I will be distracted by taking Nick to college. But when we get back I will be pretty scared, sad and upset. I probably won’t blog again until after the operation. I don’t want to whine and sound like I feel sorry for myself (which of course I do). Thousands of people have this diagnosis and operation every month and even worse. Intellectually I know this, emotionally - not so much.

Thank you all for the support and I’ll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment