Wednesday, May 20, 2009

All I can say about the last three weeks is PHEW!! What a whirlwind and yet what a wonderful time. We have had my dad’s 80th birthday, which I could not attend; (Sorry Dad, wish I could have been there.) my 50th birthday; Andrew’s graduation; another chemo treatment, which put me in bed for three days, family in town, and Nick’s graduation.

I made all the events except for Nick’s baccalaureate service on Friday night and lovely Jessica’s party on Sunday. I just couldn’t do them. I know Nick didn’t mind, but I did. I cried for a while and then had to put the wig on and go out to dinner with the family. What a great get together! Scott and I couldn’t be prouder of our 2 boys.

Sunday though, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I stayed in bed all day. I guess the events of the last weeks finally all caught up with me. Pow. Even now, I am still trying to recover. If I am busy in the morning, I am in bed in the afternoon, don’t even ask me about evening.

Scott and I are going to Sea Island this weekend. We made the plans for my birthday way in advance of the diagnosis. In spite of the wet weather, it will be wonderfully relaxing and a welcome respite as well as the only vacation we will get this summer.

I was making a reservation at the spa. They were making conversation, I was making conversation and the subject of my chemo came up. A couple of days later, they called me back asking for a release from my doctor before I have a massage. I never would have thought of that. Did they just have some stupid lawyers trying to make money by covering all the bases? Lawyers know how to do that, trust me. Or is there really an issue about having a massage when you have breast cancer? Apparently there is. The doctor said ok but not near the tumor site. Huh, who knew. I don’t care, I’ll take whatever I can get. So off we go, thanks for dog sitting Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment