Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ok, I haven’t fallen off the face of a cliff. Although today I feel like that.

Chemo was on Tuesday, and although I didn’t feel great, it wasn’t too horrible. Really tired, kind of nauseous, you know I have recited them all before. Thursday night I had Scott drive me to Borders because I was down to my last book in my queue and that makes me nervous. (Also I had a coupon that was about to expire.) While I was there, I got a terrible pain just above my stomach, just below my ribs. We left with me just buying 1 book!! Any of you that know me will know that would be a miracle.

On Friday, Nick drove me to Chamblin Book Mine. Most unbelievable used book store on the face of the planet, well at least the face of Jacksonville, if you haven’t been go. You truly have to know what you are looking for, otherwise you will be lost, but it is great for research books for kids projects; older, classic books; required reading for school, or if you just want to wander around in a bunch of books. Anyway, back to my story. Andrew received a list of “suggested reading” for law school and as many of the books were older we thought we would take some of my books to sell and buy some of his for school. That part was pretty successful.

Chamblin is housed in an old store, house and warehouse, all linked together with shelf upon shelf of books. It is much like a rabbit warren and if you don’t know where you are going, you get unbelievably lost and claustrophobic. Down the aisle we go, looking for the law section, finally at the end of one part and around the corner of another we start looking through books.

I am suddenly hit hard. I had flashing lights in front of my eyes and chest pain. I really felt like I was going to pass out. I tried to muster through and help Nick look through the mountains of legal titles, but I had to leave. Leaving Nick to carry on, I made it back to the car and lay down in the seat. It was the strangest feeling then, I was having pains everywhere in my body. My legs, arms, chest, back, everything hurt. Not shooting pains, more like aching. It really scared me, because it was different from what I have felt before. I still had the flashing lights and didn’t want to pass out in the car, so I had to call Nick to come take me home.

Poor guy, I told him I felt like I might pass out, and that wouldn’t be a good thing for him, so he babbled at me all the way home to keep me awake. I really don’t remember getting from the car to the bed, I just know I did. I was in bed the rest of the day and night. Probably, I should have gone to the hospital, but I think I was pretty much out of it and couldn’t express that to anyone. Once I got in bed, I was so weak, there would have been no way I could have gotten back in the car. Did I have a heart attack? I don’t think so, but I don’t know. I was very scared though.

Today, feeling a little better I guess. Still unbelievably weak though. I can barely hold my head up. So I am in bed today. Hopefully I will be feeling better tomorrow. Sometimes it seems like there is no light at the end of this tunnel, just more tunnels, or I guess I should say, another hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment