Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I’M DONE!!! I’M DONE!!! I’M DONE!!!

I’M DONE!!! I’M DONE!!! I’M DONE!!!

I’M DONE!!! I’M DONE!!!


I’M DONE!!!
One for each month I have fought, struggled, cried, prayed and cursed with cancer. I can not even describe to you how I am feeling. I am sitting here boohoo bawling right now. I really wasn’t sure this day would ever come.

For the last 9 months, every day I have woken up terrified. What new torture or side effect was in store for me today. Please God, just make it go away. I got so very tired of being strong. I have so appreciated whenever anyone has said, Oh Cyndy you are so strong, you can do this. Inside I was saying, ha I guess I have you fooled. I was scared I wouldn’t live to see fall...

My sister said now I can start getting back to who I was. I am not sure I remember her and I am sure I will never be her again. For better or worse, cancer has changed me and not just physically.

My prayer for all of you is that you never have to walk this path. It is harder than I can tell you. I started out so stupid about it all. No one is there holding your hand and guiding you on the right path. If you are lucky enough to ask the right questions, know the right people and just plain stumble in the right direction, you can get there, but there are many potholes along the way.

Thank you God for my family, friends, neighbors and even strangers who have dragged, carried and supported me along the way! Next to my wedding day and the birth of my boys, this is the best day of my life. AMEN!

1 comment: