Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The new plan was to change the way the radiation is delivered so it will not be so close to the skin. Thank goodness. The doctor said it would probably not change the number of treatments needed, but she would evaluate it when we were near the end.

So there I was, slogging through last week. Not feeling great and really unhappy because my Dad had some significant health issues and was in the hospital. I was upset that I couldn’t be there to help my mother and sisters. As it turns out it probably was just as well I didn’t go there because on Friday I got the flu.

Ok, no just the flu, I got the FLU!! I had a fever of 103 and couldn’t get out of bed. Unfortunately, Scott was out of town on a boys weekend, but I was not on my own. I had Lauri and Sharon bringing me food and others calling to help. I didn’t want anyone to come over because I sure would not want anyone to get this. I still have a fever, but fortunately it is lower.

Monday, I went into the doctor’s office knowing she might order more treatments. Also knowing that because I had a fever of 101 at that point, she might not let me have my any treatments until I was better. While I do not enjoy the internal burning, by any means, there was no way she would have been able to keep me from finishing this week. Thank God she does not think I will need more treatments and I could continue that day.

I wore a mask and they threw me into that tunnel. Talk about your claustrophobia! Yikes, I don’t know how doctors can wear those things. But here I am about to write something that I never thought I would. In the words of Jean Valjean from Les Miserables:

ONE DAY MORE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment