Monday, July 13, 2009

Ok People! I went to the oncologist and told him how horrible the chemo treatment was last time, that if I had any more it would kill me. He was extremely sympathetic and made a deal with me. He would reduce the dose but I needed one more treatment. Well I figured anybody can do anything 1 more time.

So here I go tomorrow... after 4 months and 6 doses of poison, ONE MORE TREATMENT!!!! After that 10 days of feeling like crap and I will be through with chemotherapy. Thank God! I feel like I should wear a crown and skip out of there. Although I am sure you know I don’t really feel like skipping when I leave, maybe tomorrow I will though.

From here I go on to surgery. The surgeon was going to take me right away, but I told him I have to wait until after we take Andrew to law school and NIck to college. I didn’t want to be in pain (physically anyway) as our baby leaves the nest. You know I will cry all the way back to Jax after we drop him off. But he is more than ready to get out of here.

The surgery will not be easy. They scrape the tissue away from the skin and the plastic surgeon inserts the spacers to keep the tissue expanded for reconstruction. I spend 2 - 3 days in the hospital and come home with drains still in place. The plastic surgeon then decides when to take those out - when the fluid stops draining from them. I could bounce back in a week or two or it could take longer. We’ll see.

Meanwhile the surgeon has to consult with the plastic surgeon to coordinate their schedules to get me in. Probably the week of Aug. 17. So I have that to look forward to :(

I do have to say once again how thankful I am to have the most wonderful support group in the entire world. You all have gotten me through this and I couldn’t have done it without each and every one of you. THANK YOU!!!!!

Talk to you on the other side of chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment