Monday, July 20, 2009

Well I made it through the last chemo treatment. Or at least I am trying to break through now. I’ve told you how it is, up and down, feel good and then feel crappy. I can do a small amount of things and then my head starts to swim and I have to sit down. This is so not like me. I am go full speed, get it all done and then sit down, so it takes some getting used to.

This afternoon I see the plastic surgeon again. My radiation oncologist spoke to him and now he is not sure about the reconstruction. It may interfere with radiation so I have a feeling he doesn’t want to do it until after the radiation is over. After all of this, it seems silly that such a thing would bother me, but it really does. I want to have something there when I wake up from surgery, not just pain and scars. The psychological aspect of healing from this may be as important to me as the physical and it will take a lot more if reconstruction doesn’t start right away.

I’ll let you know what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment