Monday, March 30, 2009

Having my hair falling out has really been no fun. In the shower, it comes out by the handful. I thought it was short enough that I would not be able to tell it was falling out more. I was wrong. Clumps of hair in my hand. Hair shedding all over my shirt and in my hats. It’s itchy and impossible to shake out. Because of my allergy to fragrance, I can’t use talcum powder, so I bought corn starch and put that in a shaker bottle. That helps a little, but any ideas are welcome.

Do you remember that crazy, creepy looking doll from the original Toy Story? Well that’s what I look like. Clumps of hair sticking out all over my bald head. By the way, your scalp is really, really white. I am very self conscious about it, I don’t even take my hat off in front of Scott. I wait until I am actually in bed. So don’t ask me to see it, can’t do it yet. The hats stay on my head.

Chemo starts again tomorrow. I am certainly not looking forward to it, but I have to look at it like, this is what is making me better. So here we go again bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment