Saturday, March 28, 2009

Okay, well I had my pity party day. Now I am following the advice of my cocktail napkins (always wise, don’t you think?):

Oh boo frickin hoo, have a drink and get over it already!

So I went out to lunch with the girls and had a lemon drop martini. Then put on my wig and went out to dinner too. I slept past 9:00 this morning, so that tells you it was fun. Ask Scott about the belly dancer at the restaurant.

Anyway, I am lining up my hats and hair and mixing them up. The wig is very strange feeling. I have a little liner that goes over my scalp and then this big hunk of hair. It is hot and itchy and kind of tight. I don’t even recognize myself in the mirror, which is totally unnatural. So long as I don’t scare myself, I guess I’ll be doing ok.

Chemo starts again on Tuesday so I am trying to enjoy my last couple days of feeling semi-normal. Someone asked me if I feel different even this week. I do. I still have headaches and just not as much energy as I used to have. I guess I will get used to it. I just don't know. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I lke the cocktail napkin idea! Even better maybe it is time to get some Tarot cards or talk to the fairies. Cyndy, you can do whatever you want now. The more eccentric the better. Remember, you may never be able to act crazy again, so milk it for all it is worth. Maybe take bellydancing lessons or don a Donald Trump wig? Seriously, this to will pass. Stay strong and maintain that great sense of humor! Cuz Sue

    ReplyDelete