Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter.

I know I should be writing about re-birth and new life. Don’t hate me, but that’s hard this year. My life right now is all about killing new cells. My chemo is attacking everything new in my system. It is even tearing down existing tissue. Mouth sores and bruises on my feet, all side effects of the treatment, not fun but not abnormal.

Funny thing is, I am happy about this attack. Along with all this tearing down is the tearing down of my cancer. The chemo is supposed to be breaking the mass up and reducing it in size. It doesn’t feel any different in size to me yet though. Supposedly, that is normal at this stage. The tumor is in the process of breaking apart, so hopefully by the next treatment it will be smaller.

I even have a couple of visuals of this. I could do the Star Trek analogy with the chemo space ships killing the alien invader. Or I have the knights on white horses fighting off the Vikings (ok, sorry history majors if I got this wrong, but I like the though of fighting back those crazy Viking guys from the credit card commercial). I could think of a million of them, but the important part is just picturing that lump getting smaller and smaller and keeping the lymph cells from leaking out somewhere else.

So this year at Easter I am all about the tearing down, not new life. Hopefully however this will lead to new life for me.

1 comment:

  1. Cyndy - So...now I'm caught up with your Cancer Adventures, and I am surprised to hear that you lost all of your hair. Here is your chance to be a blonde --- a smart one! It does sound like chemo SUX though, but what did you expect when you are killing cells.
    I signed up (in your honor) for the Breast Cancer 3 Day today - the 60 mile walkathon. This will be in Boston so it's down the road for me - July 24 - 26th. I just registered this am so will send you the link since it is 4Cyndy ....I would love to have your picture to put on my profile page for raising money since I need to raise a lot (my goal is $3500). Although this walk is for you - it is also for all the women (including my daughters) in the hope that someday there will be a cure and that the survival rate will continue to climb! Much love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete