Tuesday, April 7, 2009

While cancer has been no picnic for me, I can honestly think of how it could be worse. It would be ever so much worse if one of my children had cancer. That’s why I feel sorry for my mother.

Mom lives near Atlanta with my dad, who is unable to get around. She was anxious to come down in March when this all started, however she had recently been diagnosed with shingles. Not only did she have shingles, but it was in her eye! Ouch! It took a while for that to clear up and she was again making plans to come down. But, shingles reared its ugly head again and showed up in her finger. She asked her doctor about the risk of passing it on to me and was advised against coming. Poor thing she calls me crying to tell me and I try to comfort her, but I don’t know what to say.

I’m sure she feels imprisoned up there and not able to get to her child. I know that is how I would feel. Hopefully she can relax a little and concentrate on getting rid of the shingles, so she can come to Nick’s graduation. Hey, Mom remember stress and shingles are correlated. Relax!

I am feeling better this week. A week out and I don’t think I am as tired this time as last cycle at this time. I am very tired by the end of the day, but during the day I’m not nearly as debilitated as before. I still am only able to handle one major activity a day though. So, when my sister, Judie was here, going out for lunch, an architectural review committee meeting and that was about enough for me for that day. I was a real laugh riot for her, not to mention my 10 year old nephew. Thank goodness he was able to go in the swimming pool or the poor little guy probably would have been the first person ever to die from boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment