Friday, April 17, 2009

Well I got some good news this week. The tumor seems to be responding to the chemo and it is shrinking!! Yeah!! This is the point of going through all of this. Theoretically, it will shrink down to a very small mass that is removed in surgery. Though, they will still take a large mass of tissue and lymph nodes as well.

The new wrinkle in this whole thing is the doctor thinks it would be a good idea to take the other breast at the same time to reduce the risk of developing it there. My sister, Judie, found a funny saying on a t-shirt that I will have to get when this is over:

“Yes they are fake, the real ones tried to kill me.” That just cracks me up.

Now, I have to talk with the doctor about how the surgery works. What exactly will they do and will I need a plastic surgeon as well. If so, who? It does seem like there is always something new to figure out with this thing.

This has been a good week, because it is my third week in the cycle. Monday, starts chemo again. Yuk!! It will be really hard going into that office this time. I know I have to but it is hard to willingly put yourself in that chair and make yourself sick. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment