Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fatigue is a funny thing. You are going along feeling fairly normal and then, to borrow a phrase from NFL commentator John Madden, BOOM! It hits you. You feel like lead weights are attached to every part of your body.

Wednesday, I woke up feeling okay, so off I went. First, I had the doctor appointment of the week, then a bunch of errands. I came home for lunch and was on the computer when my friend, Valerie invited me over to meet with the inspirational J.T. Townsend. I could not turn that down.

For those of you who do not know, when J. T. was a senior in high school at Episcopal, 4 years ago, he was paralyzed from the neck down in a football accident. Since that time he has persevered through many different problems all with a smile on his face. His most recent accomplishment was standing up with the help of braces. It is a remarkable video and you can see it on the web. I had a wonderful time talking with him, his nurse, sister and cousin. He and I did commiserate about being tired of being called a “strong person”. I may be strong, but I don’t always want to be. Sometimes, I would just like to be a weak person. Maybe in my next life.

Anyway, after that lovely visit, I came back to the house and absolutely hit the wall. I was in bed at 6:30, feeling like I couldn’t even raise my arms. Twelve hours of sleep and I was still tired the next morning. I was taking a morning nap to try and revive. Pasta for dinner tonight, hopefully that will help with more energy - or is that just an old wives tale. Since I am an old wife, maybe it will work on me. Let’s hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment