Friday, April 3, 2009

I have decided Cancer Sucks!! Profound huh? This round of chemo has been very tough. The nausea has been worse and the medicine to counteract it makes me sleepy. I have more aches and pains from the neulasta shot. I have more peaks and valleys of tiredness, “chemo head”, and just general malaise.

Weirdly, I can smell the chemo everywhere. Even though I am popping Altoid’s continuously, I still have a nasty taste in my mouth. The taste seems to permeate into my nose and I can smell it in every nook and cranny. I keep spraying all different kinds of air freshener, but they don’t seem to work. So, warning, when you come to my house, it smells like a combination of Chamomile and Lily, Azur Blue Rain and Clean Linen, in an attempt to eradicate this phantom smell. Candles burning everywhere, and I have cornered the market on Febreeze.

They say that homicide detectives carry Vick’s Vaporub with them to counteract the smells from their job. Maybe that’s what I need to do. I will have to fish out my hankie, spray it with perfume and just carry it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment